Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Trip to Dr Tavel...

Dad took me by Dr. Tavel's today to look into some "WileyX" glasses. They are protective safety glasses, usually sunglasses, mostly used for sports or outdoor activities. They look like regular sunglasses, but they have removable foam inserts that kind of hug the outer eye area, to protect the eye from wind and debris. We originally heard about them when we went in for the second opinion. That doctor had suggested them and I had tried them on in his office. While they are a fantastic idea, they are expensive, so we decided not to purchase them at that time, and to wait until after surgery.
So Dad and looked at several pairs, and I decided on one I liked best. We found out we can get them with transition lenses, so I can wear them inside and outside. They ordered them for me today and said they should be delivered in 5-7 days. With the holiday coming up, they should be here by Wednesday next week! WOW! That's great! I'll have them before my next surgery! Dad's kind of excited about them. I think he thinks their cool! :) They are! And they'll be that much more protection for my corneas! I want to do all I can to save them!
Love to all,
Deb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment