Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Little Glitch...

This morning, when I woke up, I noticed the lower lid of my left eye was red and it seemed more swollen than yesterday. It was very irritated and felt like there was an eyelash in it, or a piece of fuzz or something. Not sure if I should call the doctor, I had Mom come over and look at it to see what she thought.
Without pulling on the eyelids, and being very gentle, she had me look up, then down, then side to side. She said she didn't see anything there. She suggested I just sit and relax with my eyes closed for a while. I put a cold compress on it, took a couple of Tylenol, and leaned back in the recliner. I ended up falling asleep and woke up about an hour and a half later. The eye felt more soothed, but was still red. I thought it still looked a little swollen, though Mom and Thad didn't think so.
Mom and Dad are going down to Fort Ritner to spend the day with Ted and RJ tomorrow to celebrate Ted's birthday, so Mom said that if it still feels irritated tomorrow, I should call the doctor first thing in the morning to see if I could get in to see him. If so, she and Dad would postpone their trip South and she would take me to the doctor.
We'll see how it feels in the AM.
Otherwise, I'm still using the eye drops frequently and still using bacitracin at night in the outer corner. Cold compresses still help. They just feel so soothing!
I'll write more tomorrow with an update.
Until then, have a wonderful evening and thanks as always for your prayers and thoughts!
Love to all,
Deb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment