Sunday, September 11, 2011

Our 12th Anniversary...

Well, today is Thad's and my 12th wedding anniversary! Whoo Hoo!! We went out to Outback restaurant for dinner this evening, and I wore my little black dress! (Yes, Charlene, the one I got LAST summer, when we went shopping at the thrift shop, for FIVE DOLLARS!!! I FINALLY got to wear it!)
It was the first time I went out in public without my sunglasses on. I mean, I wore them to the restaurant, but when we walked inside, it was so dark, I had to take them off to see where I was going. I was really self-conscious, but no one seemed bothered by it. No one stared or asked about it. Our waitress was a doll, and she asked if we were celebrating anything this evening. We told her it was our 12th anniversary and she told us to pick an appetizer on the house! Thad made her promise - no singing and dancing! lol
The manager came over to our table and offered his congratulations and gave us a discount coupon for our next visit!
The food was outstanding! I had the fillet with mushroom sauce with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables - SCRUMPTIOUS! Thad had a sirloin with a side of green beans and mixed vegetables. Of course, we had a bloomin' onion as an appetizer! It was SOOOOOO good - even better 'cause it was free!
Overall, it was a fantastic evening, and a nice "last supper" before my date under the knife tomorrow! (Nothing to eat or drink after midnight tonight!)
Well, say some prayers tomorrow! I know I'm in good hands! Thank you all!
Love,
Deb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment