Sunday, September 25, 2011

Linton Hayride...

Went to the Linton Hayride yesterday. We had a lot of fun! Mom and Dad went with us. It was good to see everyone!
It was cold and it sprinkled off and on throughout the day, but that didn't stop the festivities! There was lots of scrumptious food and most of the attendees braved the weather and went out for the ride. I didn't - I'm a wimp! :)
I wore my sunglasses most of the day. I still have a little bruising and swelling around the right eye so I just thought it would be easier to keep it covered.
The kids had a pumpkin decorating contest that Mom, Dad and I judged. Ted gave out prizes for five categories - the scariest, the prettiest, the ugliest, the funniest and the most original. Everyone had fun!
I'm still using drops often throughout the day to keep my eyes moist and cold compresses to ease the swelling and bruising. Not using much pain medicine, and when I do, it's just regular Tylenol. I'm still using the Bacitracin at night. The outer corner of the right eye is still red and tender, so I'm giving it a little TLC to help it heal.
We are still waiting on the safety glasses to come in from Dr. Tavel. Dad, Mom and I went in to the office on Thursday and talked with them. There have been some delays in their deliveries, but they were very helpful in making sure everything is set to go smoothly once the frames come in. Hopefully, it'll be Tuesday or Wednesday this week. I'll keep you posted on that as well.
I have another followup appointment scheduled with Dr. Martin in about a week and half, so I'll be updating you on that too.
Until next time,
God bless,
Debbie :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad the surgeries are behind you and you are taking good care of yourself. God still has you in His Hands.

    ReplyDelete