Thursday, July 28, 2011

One week and counting...

Well, the plan today is to write out all my instructions for changing my pump site, and taking my blood sugar and blood pressure. It'll help Mom, Thad and Hunter with my care after surgery. It won't be as bad when I have the right eye surgery. When they do the left eye, I'll have a stitch in my eyelids, keeping them closed for 7-10 days while the healing begins. The vision in my right eye is so poor due to the cataract that I won't be able to do much for myself. I can see blurs of color, but no detail whatsoever. For example, closing my left eye at this moment, the only thing I see on this computer screen is a big white square, even sitting right in front of it. So any tasks involving detail will have to be done by loved ones. Praise God I HAVE loved ones!
More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong. I am so proud of you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete