Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The countdown begins!

Good morning All!
Nine days til surgery. I have to say, when I first got the news, I was a little down in the dumps, worried, and wondering how this is all going to change my life, not to mention the people I love!
I've been praying daily, and everyone I've talked to has been so encouraging and optimistic that I'm beginning to feel better about the whole thing. It's not going to change who I am, just the way I look. And ya know what? It really doesn't matter because when I finally get where I'm going, I'll be beautiful in God's Presence!
I'll continue to make daily posts myself until after surgery. Then Mom and/or Thad will make them for me to let you all know how I'm doing.
I'm going to try to figure out how to post pictures on here today, so those will be available. There aren't many pictures on the Internet, so it's hard to tell what to expect. At least this way, anyone who might have to go through this type of thing or know someone who will, can get an idea of what they're up against. WARNING - they WON'T be pretty! :)
Thanks to ALL for your prayers! Keep 'em comin'!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, my friend! No surprise there! You're such an inspiration to others! Thank you! Take good care of yourself and please call for anything you need! Love, Michele

    ReplyDelete