Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New glasses

I forgot to mention that Dad and I picked up my new glasses today! They are called WileyX glasses and they are designed for eye protection, mostly for sports and such. They have a foam insert around the lenses that seals the area around the eyes so no air, dust or debris can hurt them.
They're pretty cool! We ordered them with transition lenses, so I can wear them around the house, as well as outside as sunglasses.
They feel a little weird. I'll have to get used to them, but I can tell they're working just by having them on. I don't feel any air movement or anything on my eyes. Plus, it helps just knowing that they're protecting my eyes.
They do transition in the sunlight, though not very fast, and I had a little trouble in the car. The UV protection in the car's windshield causes the trasition lenses not to change, so the bright sunlight did bother my eyes a little. But I can wear sunglasses if needed, or Dad even suggested those little flip sunglass shields that you can put over your regular eyeglasses. I told him I could just shut my eyes in the car. Thad would really like that! Then I couldn't tell him how to drive! lol :)
Anyway, I'm wearing them right now and they're not too bad! I have the elastic band around my head, under my hair, and that helps to keep them securely sealed around my eyes. They do have tiny holes on the upper part of the frame to allow for some ventilation, but still protect from any direct airflow.
I'm going to post a picture here so you can see what they look like. I told Dad I think I might be a little uncomfortable wearing them indoors when I'm in public - like at restaurants or people's houses. But I'll definitely be wearing them around my own house (where I am 90% if the time!) and outdoors when the lenses change into sunglasses.
At this point, there is no Rx in the lenses. We're going to wait until after the cataract surgery to see if I'll need corrective lenses. If that's the case, they can replace the lenses in these glasses with the new Rx lenses and add the transition coating to them as well.
So, yes, there is a chance my vision will be getting better! Yay!!! But I will always have the limitations in my peripheral vision and my forward vision will probably never be 20/20 again. But I'm not blind! What an immense blessing!
Thank you for keeping up to date on my progress and please continue to keep me in your prayers! They are definitely working! Our God is an AWESOME God! I am so thankful that he is gracious and merciful!
I will continue to keep up my posting, though maybe not as often, so check back once in a while!
Take care of yourselves and God bless you all!
Love,
Deb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment