Monday, November 7, 2011

Follow up with cornea doctor

Went to see my cornea doctor today. He said things aren't any worse, but they really aren't any better. He took pictures of my eye and showed me on the screen where the haziness in on my eye and the carring on the corneas.
He said he is releasing me back to my regular eye doctor and I can look into having the secondary cataract removed from my right eye.
I asked him about computer work and he said that I am definitely causing more permanent damage by working on the computer for long periods of time, or overdoing it when my eyes feel tired. He said that when my eyes start feeling tired, I should stop what I'm doing immediately, lubricate with eye drops, and rest my eyes for 10-20 minutes, or however long it takes to make them feel better.
He said I don't have to come back to see him unless my regular eye doctor says it's necessary. He said I will be coming back, he just isn't sure when.
He also said that if I don't take special care of my eyes, they would need to sew the eyes completely shut, and I really don't want that!
So, I called my eye doctor when I got home, and they have a cancellation tomorrow morning!
So, hopefully, I will be able to have the cataract surgery before the end of the year, since my insurace deductible and out-of-pocket expenses have been met!
Anyway, everything else around here seems to be about the same. Going good! Looking forward to the holidays with plenty of family and friends!
I'll write again tomorrow after my appointment!
Love to all,
Deb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment